How to Apply
Apply Early. Registration opens three months prior to the start date for all courses and courses are often waitlisted within a couple of weeks after opening.
- Read the Introduction to the Technique so you are familiar with the practice before you arrive.
- Read the Code of Discipline page carefully, as you will be required to follow it during your course.
- While you can review the Bay Area Vipassana Center Upcoming Course List, since there is only currently one non-center course per yea in Occidental, consider viewing courses at the Northern California Vipassana Center, California Vipassana Center or Southern California Vipassana Center. Please choose a course that is suitable for your schedule. Also, please note that you are expected to arrive between 3pm and 5pm on the day the course begins and you are expected to stay until the course is completed, which is approximately 6:30am on the last day of the course.
- We only allow one application per student regardless of center location or waiting list status. If you have already applied to another course at this or another center your application will not be processed until all other enrollments have been cancelled.
- Fully and completely fill out all the sections of the application form and submit it.
- Within an hour of submitting, expect an automated email confirming that your application has been received. Applications sometimes don’t go through, especially those submitted using a smartphone. If you have not received the automated confirmation email within a few hours, we recommend that you email us.
- Await notification of whether you have been accepted for the course. All correspondence will be sent by email to the address you provided on your application.
- Once you are accepted into the course you will receive an email asking you to confirm your attendance three weeks prior to the start date for the course. Please make sure to confirm promptly to reserve your space. If we do not receive your confirmation, your spot will be given to another student on the waitlist.
- Check Spam, Junk Mail folders or you may miss important email communications from us.